- Pork skin (optional)
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 5 table spoons dark soy sauce
- 3 table spoons light soy sauce
- 1 table spoon sugar
- 2 table spoons of chinese cooking wine
- Blanch pork in hot boiling water for 2 minutes to remove scum.
- Wash pork to remove remaining scum.
- Stir-fry shallots and garlic till soft (do not brown the aromatics).
- Marinate the blanched pork with the stir-fried shallots & garlic, 3 table spoons of dark soy sauce, 1 table spoon of light soy sauce, 1 table spoon of sugar & 2 table spoons of chinese cooking wine for at least an hour.
- Add all marinated pork and ingredients into inner pot of the Thermal Cooker; with remaining 2 table spoons of dark soy sauce and 2 table spoons of light soy sauce. Add sufficient water to just cover the ingredients.
- Bring to boil, put lid on and bring your flame/hob setting to its lowest while continue boiling for 20 minutes over the stove. Transfer inner pot into outer pot of thermal cooker and leave it for 60 minutes.
- Remove inner pot and bring it back to a boil over stove top, before adding the pork skin. Put the lid back on and continue boiling under the smallest flame/lowest hob setting for another 15 minutes before transferring inner pot back into outer pot of the thermal cooker.
- Remove inner pot, skim out excess oil and taste. Season with sugar, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce to preferred taste and you’re ready to serve.
BROWSE OUR RANGE OF THERMAL COOKERS